Samseryd manor outside Smålandsstenar is known since 1487 when it was the seat of Jöns Larensson. It was then known as Samsaridh. In the middle of Lake Samseryd we find the island of Storön where, allegedly, there is/was a stone marking the border between Sweden and Denmark. Now, the wars between the two arch enemies were more or less constant and borders changed and we have not been able to certify where this stone really sits. However, there is an old prison at the manor that originates from this time. 

From 1575 it is stated that it was the seat of a nobleman. We are not completely clear on the year but we can find that Jöns Jöransson Lilliesparre af Fylleskog is mentioned in connection with Samseryd. He functioned as a local judge in 1590 when he also laid the foundations for Fylleskog manor. His son Arvid Lilliesparre is also attributed to Samseryd. The estate seems to have been passed on to his younger brother Olof. He died in 1673 and it seems that his wife Agneta Gyllengrip willed Samseryd and Fylleskog to Johan Gyllensvärd and Jöns Netherwood.  

It is then unclear what happened to Samseryd. By 1808, the house that we see today was built measuring around 400 sq.m. In the parish register we see that C.W. and his wife Maria Josefina Berg returned from America and purchased Samseryd in 1872 from Captain Johan Henric Moberg and Sigrid Rappe. 

Today, Samseryd is a modern farming estate that also lets out the wing and the Lake Villa. It is owned by the Starberg family.